Saturday 13 October 2012

The Bea Project - Chapter 8

I awoke on Saturday morning with a bit of a start, I looked over to the clock it was ten past nine.  Although I’d slept quite soundly, I’d woken up just a little bit before the alarm had gone off.  I am usually such an early bird, so to have a bit of a lie-in was a luxury for me.  I decided get up, go and have a leisurely  breakfast and then come back and sort through the stuff that I would be taking with me today.  I knew I didn’t have time to go and shop because I knew that I would miss my appointment.  Typical girl me, like to go shopping and browse at everything before I make my mind up and I usually end back up in the very first shop I started in.  I could feel my nerves kicking in a little tiny bit. 
 

When I’d finished fiddling (pardon the pun) with everything that I could fiddle with the time was fast approaching ten past twelve.  I went downstairs to the hotel bar and grabbed myself a quick bite to eat and a drink and thought that I had better get my skates otherwise I wouldn’t be ready or even at the venue on time, and I really didn’t want to be late, that wouldn’t have made a very good impression would it. 
 

I had a quick shower and threw on a clean pair of jeans, and my floral cotton top and tied my hair up into a double knot with the aid of an elasticated hair scrunchie.  I slipped my bare feet into my red canvas pumps. I dusted my face sparingly with a minimal amount of blusher, applied some black long lash mascara, moistened my lips with just a tiny touch of lipgloss and squirted perfume around my pulse points.  I grabbed my blue denim jacket, my handbag, picked up the guitar and my violin and went downstairs to the hotel lobby.  I asked Jaden on the reception desk if he could order a taxi for me to take me over to The Lowry Hotel. 
 

‘Sure, no problem.‘ He replied.  He picked up the telephone and dialled for a taxi, he asked if a taxi could be sent to the hotel for Ms. Lovett. He replaced the receiver and called me back to the desk ‘Ahem, Ms Lovett. Your car will be here within the next five minutes.’
 

‘Thank you Jaden.‘ I responded.
 

I waited just outside the hotel lobby for the car to arrive, it was a very warm and pleasant day and the sun was shining.  Exactly five minutes later a car pulled up and the driver wound his window down and called my name.
 

‘Miss Lovett?’  He looked me up and down inquisitively.
 

‘Yes,’ I replied, ‘that’s me.’
 

‘Okay,’ the driver said getting out of the car, ‘let me help you with those cases, Ms. Lovett.’
 

He got out of the car and opened the car boot and placed both my cases carefully inside.  I opened the door on the passenger side and got into the car,  the driver got back in and we started to move towards the exit out of the hotel car park. 
 

‘So, where are we headed today then, Ms Lovett?’ the driver asked me as he turned the steering wheel to guide the car out of the exit gate.
 

‘The Lowry Hotel, please.’ I replied.
 

Again the Lowry hotel was only a stone’s throw away but because the two cases were difficult to walk with, and because it was so hot I really didn’t want to arrive at the venue all disheveled and sweaty, that wouldn’t have been a very good look. 



No comments:

Post a Comment